San Diego Gas & Electric is committed to our community and economy. Here are some quick facts that highlight our leadership in the region.
In 2012, SDG&E®:
• Contributed $6 million in charitable giving back to the community, to more than 560 organizations
• Employees who live in our communities gave more than $700,000 from their paychecks to charitable causes, which resulted in $1.2 million of giving after company matches
• SDG&E spent $435 million with women, minority and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses (that’s 38% of all our spend)
At SDG&E, we’re proud to partner with our communities to lead in a number of other areas:
• Our Energy efficiency programs that avoided the construction of 2 large power plants
• SDG&E has been recognized by Intelligent Utility magazine as “the smartest utility” in the U.S. for two years in a row
• And, we have been named the most reliable utility in the country
Learn more about how SDG&E® is connected to communities we serve by visiting www.sdge.com/community.